40 Weeks to Forever
Good Night, Sleep Tight!
Navigating sleep [for both you and baby] is no easy task and we know that no one is their best self when they are sleep deprived. In this episode, Judith chats with Wee Sleep Founder and CEO, Janey Reilly, about all things sleep. What is a wake window? How much sleep does a baby need? We answer these questions and more like how to create a safe and suitable sleep environment for baby, the difference between sleep shaping and sleep training, and how to emerge from the fourth-trimester fog.
- 0:38- mom montage | real moms discuss navigating lack of sleep.
- 3:19- The misconceptions and dangers of putting your little one to bed drowsy not awake.
- 4:38- A proper sleep environment for a newborn
-a cool room
-a dark room
-consider using a noise machine
- 5:22 – White noise machines and what kind type of sound works best
- 6:34- How much sleep does a newborn need?
- 8:28 - The difference between sleep training and sleep shaping.
- 11:15- Tips for helping to ease a parent's anxiety around sleep schedules.
- 13:17 – How social media causes sleep stress and comparison in parents.
- 16:32- When to move baby into their nursery for nighttime sleeping.
- 19:42- How a sleep coach can help your family get the rest they need.
- 22:30- How long it should take for your little one to fall asleep?
- 23:30- How to handle the crying and what does it mean?
- 27:38 – How to flexible with napping on the go or changing up your sleep environment
- 30:00- What to do if it’s not working for you and how to get the help you need.
- 32:54- Confidence Corner
Product 1: 4moms mamaRoo Sleep Bassinet
Product 2: ErgoPouch Cocoon Swaddle Pouch
About our guest
Janey Reilly is an expert Infant & Toddler Sleep Consultant who consults families around the globe. WeeSleep™ launched after she realized how important infant & toddler sleep is, and after struggling with her son’s sleep issues and seeing and hearing about so many families having difficulties.
Connect with Janey
Snuggle Bugz Learning Centre